Follow us on Twitter at: info@SeatonBurn
|Please click here for the Summer Examination Timetable and important information.|
ESFA Cup Final - Full Match Report Full details
Message from Principal, Alison J Shaw
I would like to begin my message this week by commending the attitude and effort of our examination candidates. Examinations have gone very well so far. This is thanks to the professionalism of the Exams Team (Mrs Montgomery and all the staff who have been invigilating), but also in no small part to our students, whose mature approach to this stressful process has been marked. Some of our non-exam qualifications have been moderated this week and I commend Mr Cookson on the feedback which we regularly receive as a result of this process. Once again the moderation has gone very well. Other subjects have also been collating and sending off samples of students’ work for national moderation. The level of professionalism and effort to do the best for our children is very high at Seaton Burn and I thank staff for the way in which they manage the complex and demanding processes involved.
Ofsted 2012 : "This is a Good School" Full details
Ofsted's key findings from our recent inspection (December 2012):
- This is a 'Good' school.
- Students achieve well and nearly all make good progress from their starting points.
- Teaching is good overall, with a substantial proportion that is outstanding.
- Students enjoy school and are proud to be part of it.
- Students feel safe and their parents unanimously agree that they are.
- A calm, happy atmosphere found all around the school.
- Behaviour and attitudes to learning are good, and sometimes outstanding.
- Students are respectful, polite and courteous to adults. They are especially welcoming and helpful to visitors.
- Bullying is not a problem.
- Provision in the sixth form is good. Students achieve well; teaching is consistently good and prepares students well for the next stage of their lives.
- Leadership at all levels demonstrates the ambition and determination to drive improvement and raise students' achievement further.
- The Principal inspires staff and students to be the best they can.
- Learning is successful because teachers make good use of their knowledge of students' needs and set a good level of challenge.
- Students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is at the heart of the school's drive to develop well informed, tolerant, caring young people.
- Members of the governing body provide excellent support and challenge for the strategic development of the school.
Record Breaking results for SBC in 2012!Full details