Message from Principal, Alison J Shaw
Autumn Term 2014
We have had an excellent start to the term, with students eagerly wearing their new House ties and making a smart and businesslike impression on staff and visitors.
We are delighted that we have been able to purchase a new locker - in House colours - for every student. This is helping everyone to organise themselves better and make sure they have everything they need for the day ahead.
OPEN DAY : On Tuesday this week we threw open our doors to any prospective or current parent who wished to visit Seaton Burn and see us 'in action'. This was not a showcase open day, but an opportunity to have access to our warm and purposeful learning environment, and to hear from staff and students what it is really like to be a students at Seaton Burn.
We welcomed a constant stream of prospective parents and are delighted to welcome you, too, if you were unable to attend on Tuesday.
Please simply contact the school on 0191 2361700 to make an appointment and we will be delighted to answer your questions and show you round our school.
Alison J Shaw
Ofsted 2012 : "This is a Good School" Full details
Ofsted's key findings from our recent inspection (December 2012):
- This is a 'Good' school.
- Students achieve well and nearly all make good progress from their starting points.
- Teaching is good overall, with a substantial proportion that is outstanding.
- Students enjoy school and are proud to be part of it.
- Students feel safe and their parents unanimously agree that they are.
- A calm, happy atmosphere found all around the school.
- Behaviour and attitudes to learning are good, and sometimes outstanding.
- Students are respectful, polite and courteous to adults. They are especially welcoming and helpful to visitors.
- Bullying is not a problem.
- Provision in the sixth form is good. Students achieve well; teaching is consistently good and prepares students well for the next stage of their lives.
- Leadership at all levels demonstrates the ambition and determination to drive improvement and raise students' achievement further.
- The Principal inspires staff and students to be the best they can.
- Learning is successful because teachers make good use of their knowledge of students' needs and set a good level of challenge.
- Students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is at the heart of the school's drive to develop well informed, tolerant, caring young people.
- Members of the governing body provide excellent support and challenge for the strategic development of the school.
Why not visit some of the below areas of our website or go back to top: